RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat earthquake 8e motor or esc problem
Old 06-29-2018, 02:07 PM
segordon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat earthquake 8e motor or esc problem

I purchased a Redcat Earthquake 8e brand new 2 weeks ago when I was in North Carolina while on vacation. Hobbie shop had a great deal. I get home from vacation and I finally have a chance to run it yesterday. I charged up 2 Venom 4000 mAh 20c 7.4v batteries and put them in the truck. Turn everything on and when I hit the throttle it has terrible cogging problems. Not just on the start, through the entire range. I tried running it on concrete and into the grass. When it hit the grass, after only a few tries to run it, it would stop moving. I would let off the throttle and it would go again, still cogging. After about 3 restarts of the same thing, it stopped and would not run at all. So I pulled the body and the red light was solid. I could still steer, but no throttle. So I took the batteries out and discharged them and rebalanced them thinking that was the problem. But it did the same thing.

I live in central PA and I can't just go drive back to the hobbie shop. Its 9 1/2 hour drive. And the hobbie shop can't help me. I hope someone here can help me because I really want to drive this truck.