RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again! ER was getting busy so had to do a quick message. Yeah, have to work this 4th but since it has been raining out not too distressed this year.

My dad's visit was nice. He drove home Sunday night - he and his dog. lol. He kept the dog in the kennel this visit but we told him next visit the dog can stay as he did fine around our son (that was the biggest worry - its a little nippy dog but he was fine). We got to visit the Science Center and had a nice time there. We also did some grilling (steaks and burgers) one night and also splurged and did Red Lobster another night. We also insulated the garage door with sheets of insulation foam. I know he doesn't want me to take any days off while he visits but his next trip in December I plan to take the entire week off. It was very frustrating that I didn't get to do all the things planned because I had to go to work, or recovering from the night before.

My son did have a great time with his papa. We got to shoot off a few rockets and I got a few flights in with my helicopter. He did comment about the heli being 'very interesting flight'. lol I've moved my son up to larger rockets that use D and E engines. Most of his previous flights have been with A, B, and C engines but I got him a SpaceX rocket that uses D engines and its been no turning back since then!

This month is going to be busy for me as we have lots of openings for OT and I signed up for quite a few days. The extra money helps and with OT being in such short supply around here, you take what you can when its offered.

I'm glad to hear that you got some flying with the new Bixler this morning. Have you got all the balancing and flaps sorted out?

Thanks for the tips and videos on the garage door trim - I'll have to look into that as a future project. I have noticed an annoying cricket that gets into the garage and chirps all night long so that project may be sooner than later!

Yep, we have an O'reilly's and I have looked at the sheet of rental equipment you mentioned. I still need to save up for the parts (the diff is the most expensive part of the job) to replace my crappy open diff. From my early research it seems setting the gear lash is the most critical part - either you get it right or you wind up with broken gears! But this is a Fall/Winter project for sure.

Other than lots of work ahead of me not much left to report. Take care everyone!

Mark

PS. Has RCU changed the page layout so you no longer have page numbers, just a continuous page to scroll through? Just wondering...