RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 04:24 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATED: July 6 and it is 113 degrees here today!

Hello Mark,
Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your dad and the entire family was together. I also commend you on taking the overtime when you can get it which is no easy task with the family when you’re not at home and yet the pay off is when your dad comes you can spend time with him and your family all together. Must be great working side-by-side with your dad putting the insulation on the garage door, remember you’ll always be his son and he will be your father! He’s got to be so proud of you and what you’ve accomplished. Dog gone it, I am going to have to call you and your son rocket man (men) He must be having a blast with his dad next to him doing these joint projects. The icing on the cake is that he’s learning about propulsion, telemetry and so on. He’s going to remember these years forever!

That mustang will all come together before you know it. You’ll take on that rear end differential and like you said, the key to worry around the setting up is the lash on those two gears. Not so much the peeling-out would strip the gears but over tightening the lash will wear teeth off of both gears.

Going back for a moment to the garage door seals, I went down and bought 4 lengths for myself to redo mine. When I got to the top one I found the dreaded termites! Subterranean termites had come up my door jam up inside and clear up the header beam and through both king studs. So I’ve got my garage door still on but there is a gap from the missing door jamb itself. So I scabbed in some old lumber I had so mice or rats or baby opossums cannot squeak through until everything is treated, then I'll go with the new wood as needed.

The Glider, Nick.....you balance a plane from the wing tip to wing tip by a using a poor-mans rig where you set the plane on the large drinking glass right side up if you don't have a store bought jig. The plane will tip left or right telling you which wing is heavier! Then I take 1 1/2" to 2" finish nails and stick them into the wing outward tips towards the fuse using them as counter weight until the plane balances itself. Of course the next step is the hang the plane upside down at "it's" noted CG which is generally 1 1/2" back from the front leading edge of the wing, some planes of course are different. When doing this I always have the battery in the plane. That way lets suppose the is nose light you just keep experimenting moving the battery forward until the plane will remain level. In my case remain level upside down on two number #2 penciled stuck in a wood platform so the erasers make contact with the wing. It looks like a goal post. All planes should go through this balancing, but for a glider like my Big Radian and even the little guy, the Bixler it is critical foa good floating flight. Once you power to altitude and you've shut off the motor your seeking thermals to keep you up and gliding nice and level as I said is critical. To light in the nose and the nose will want to come up and she'll stall on you. Nose heavy........she will resist staying aloft and will require elevator and struggle from the Pilot. When all is right, the only put I give is left to right on the ailerons and a 90% mix of rudder to help it turn.
I hope you got the letter I sent re your house and there was some info that might help you.

Both of you take care

Ok guys, forgive my first attempt at this letter, I had done it on the iPad and Siri spells like crap and also uses the wrong words often. I just hit publish and now today on the computer re-reading that post OUCH that's embarrassing.

Last edited by JPEE; 07-06-2018 at 03:12 PM.