RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft G2 Essence
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 05:43 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RuneG
Hi
I have taken my Essence out again , but in the same time I was think about try to get it a bit better ...and I see that I maybe have flown it With CG a bit aft compare to others.
I see that some off you balance it holding it in front off the canalister this I also has done but with the canopy on , so ...question ...have you balance with or without canopy??
it gives me about 1,5cm of diffrence on the battery exatly how much I move the cg i havent checked.
So now I have + 0,6 wing canaliser and stab 0 (stab will probaly be trimmed) motor -1
I balance it without the canopy.
Instead of using the front of the canalizer I use the wing attach bolt hole.
Put both wings on and insert a piece of stiff steel wire through the bolt holes.
Insert the wire into one wing, then insert into the other wing, install the battery and lift up on the wire.
The airplane should go nose down a bit when lifting.....this will be a good starting point.
The wing is +.8 and the canalizer is 0 to the wing.
The stab was 0 to start with....I zeroed the transmitter trims and subtrim and flew it adjusting the transmitter trim in flight and left it there.
My Essence flies great with no mixes.
Move your battery/ESC considerably forward.
Most of my battery is forward of the landing gear plate.

Also....my airplane is one of the early models that has the removable engine cover and short gear legs.
I was concerned about the engine cover attach points but it has never given any trouble.
I replaced the gear legs with longer carbon fiber legs from F3-A Unlimited....a definite improvement in takeoff and landing.