RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by the Wasp

as for the 100 Single I was surprised to find that intake is larger, you can see in my Sceptre link below that the Single's intake is .468" while the exhaust is .428", but to me it still looked to be a Hemi

(read to the left of the Prop/RPM numbers)
Saito FA-100

as for the 100T, I have to admit I have been wishing the .56 Jugs would work on it LOL, a 112 would be pretty cool

Jim
Ah I see what you were talking about now. We were talking about two different things it seems. The SA-100 single does have an intake valve 1mm larger than the exhaust.
This could make the 100 cylinder more difficult to adapt for odd-fire twin uses.
An interesting bit of trivia regarding the word "Hemi":

While Chrysler Corp , now FCA did not invent the hemispherical combustion chamber, they did the next-best thing; First, they helped makeit very famous and well known.
Then, Chrysler trademarked the Hemi® name that is just as well known and a lot easier to say.
So, while just about anyone can make a hemispherical combustion chamber, only Chrysler (FCA) may legally call it a Hemi®. Of course, Chrysler can make a flathead and call it a Hemi® if they dared, it is their name.
I really like that company but for some reason, I have never owned a Chrysler built car. The founder, Walter P. Chrysler was a great man. Chrysler had always been an innovative company.

Sorry for the diversion, just thought some may get a kick out of the "Hemi" moniker story.