RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 06:54 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi JPEE,

Yep, it was quite a post for sure!

Sorry to hear about the heat killing any long term outside activities for you. Usually we have late afternoon showers so the temps will take a dive to the 80's, plus with a breeze its decent to be outside. Hope you get the chance to finish your extended battery box - I take it this goes on your vehicle bed extender?

I'm glad to hear that your termite issue is contained to just the garage door jam area and no where else. That's a relief! We are planning to replace all the wood mulch in the plant bed areas with some type of termite resistant material. There's not much but its still an invitation for them to set up shop, so to speak.

I hope Nick is able to find some solution to his house issues.

I'm happy to hear that your still in contact with Glenn - he may not have realized but his contributions here are missed. Let him know even if he doesn't fly he's still welcomed here!

I have been watching youtube videos of differential tear downs and have started a rough list of equipment needed. I saw one guy pressing a bearing back on using a mallet and socket, similar to how we put a bearing back on our heli's. But, I don't think I want to be doing that with a brand new differential. So I need to come up with an idea of how to do a press for the bearing install without spending a hundred at Harbor Freight. Another area that looks very ugly is the pinion gear install. It seems that if you want to readjust the shimming you can't tell its needs adjustment until its all complete and you check the pinion to ring gear tooth mesh. If shims need to be adjusted you have to remove everything (diff/ring gear, pinion gear, pressed bearing) just to add/subtract a shim. Now, that alone is one big pain in the ### (possibly having to do that multiple times just to get the mesh correct)! So right now I'm going to add up all the equipment I'll need (that I can't rent) and see how much it'll cost me. One things for sure - I have many more video's to watch! When the weather cools down I may take a trip to the local junkyard and see about doing a bit of practice work on some of the scrap Mustangs just to get a feel for the job. Ah, a day at the junk yard - how nostalgic. lol

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 07-14-2018 at 06:57 PM.