RCU Forums - View Single Post - REBEL HOT - New release from Pirotti models - Wow!
Old 07-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks extraedge, I was pretty certain even Pirotti would not have elevator hinge lines 5/8” vertically apart! These models are really the poorest of Asian crafting and not in the same ballpark as SebArt at all. I gave a lot of leeway as supposedly this is a new way of doing the composite surface structure, and it is light, but it is less than good workmanship on the glue joints and fairly rough hewn on the inside. I’ve built 4 SebArt Avantis (2 mini & 2 XS) 3 of which I am still flying here in Canada and in the US, and for certain the Rebel Hot is vastly inferior in construction and the Pirotti company is not even close to the same customer service as Seba. All emails are answered and shipping is confirmed as soon as the bank transfer is done! Usually Seba confirmed to me his stock and shipping arrangements before the transfer!

Pirotti had my money for 9.5 months before I received the plane with TWO LEFT STABS!!!! The only email I ever got after paying was from Marina there, after asking if there was a tracking number even though I had never been notified that the plane had been shipped! He never returned an email or PM on FB after he got the money! Under no circumstances would I ever purchase another Pirotti plane. Too bad as he seems to have a good design but NO MANUAL or even an online build out thread! Some of the parts are very different from what we use here in North America, so a simple photo thread would have been perfect.

I’ve been building since 1967 and have designed and constructed my own turbine planes as well as outfitted many Asian, European, and USA jets, so I can improvise and easily make this bird airworthy, but why should I have to go buy hinges and cut off elevators and modify things on an ARF!!! Clearly this plane is not ready for prime-time.

That being said, the elevators will be re-attached and functional in a couple of days time and I will finish the build-out then.

Thank you all for the information and help so far!

Len