RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 06:44 AM
bigmikew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did some testing with and without the turbulator this weekend and saw no real repeatable difference in the running of the engine. I did have one moment of better running when I turned the vanes inside the turbulator. Everything seemed to smooth out to a degree, but it appeared that the vanes were loose when I removed the carb for further adjustment. By loose I mean that I could turn the vanes a 1/4 turn clockwise but they wouldn't lock in place. Not sure if there's a way to safely secure the vanes once adjusted.

With and without turbulator my midrange gets a misfire with white puffs of smoke. Full throttle seems to smooth out and Idle seems pretty smooth with rpm's ranging from 850 to 4090 with the SEP 24x18x3 prop. I'm thinking about just bolting it up and not tinkering any further.

One question about this prop and RPMs, is ~4000 rpm suitable on this prop? I'm installing the motor on a CY LA-7 and later will put it into a Ziroli Corsair.

I also switched to Amsoil Dominator as Gotz suggested I immediately quit using Redline. He stated that they have had lots of repairs attributed to using Redline.

I'm still a radial noob, so any feedback and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by bigmikew; 07-30-2018 at 06:46 AM.