RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gas radial engines
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:06 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Question for you FG84 and FG90 owners: I have an 84 RE Mod and have flown a stock 84 engine as well. Both have a characteristic “miss” in flight. The RE Mod just recently starting doing this after what I’d consider it just being broke in.
I have not researched this yet I just wanted to post a question and see if anyone has a solution.
Currently the engine has had a valve adjustment and all new NGK CM6 plugs. The exhaust is “clean” and mush less sooty or black than just a couple tanks ago which is why I consider it to be over the break in hump. I have also noted a small loss in peak RPM compared to just a few tanks ago.
It was over reving a Xoar 24x14 at 7400rpm so I switched to a Beila 23x12x3 and 6880 rpm. When I noticed less rev’s I changed back to the Xoar last weekend. Lately the weather around here has been hot with low humidity and I have adjusted the carb on the day as needed. Temps have been under control.
So basically I’m just looking to see if this jives with others experiences and if there is an adjustment or other solution.