RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with hot (but reliable) engine
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 01:13 PM
unistang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Running for 6 years yes, but there were years where I just had the car stored. Don't want to give it too much credit. I have it torn down now for transmission replacement, wheel hub upgrades, etc. as I've neglected this thing for a very long time only focusing on engine performance. I'm monitoring the temp with one of those sensors that wraps a wire around the cooling fins of the engine and stays on the car. When tuning should i richen the LSN tune the HSN first and then tune the LSN? I've read a million articles on this but just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right. I know what the truck needs to sound and look like when tuned correctly but i want to make sure I maybe don't have a position where the LSN might be lean and the HSN is way rich to compensate. Could that cause the engine temps i'm seeing? I always have good smoke on full throttle but i feel like i could pretty much back the HSN all the way out and it would still run fine (and hot).

When replacing this thing Vertex .18 (i'm sure the time will come), are there any better options for an upgrade that would still share the same mounting points and shaft size? I'd like to go bigger but I've read that the shafts on the larger motors are longer and the engine mounts might not fit my chassis without modification. This is is the part of the hobby i was looking forward to. Modification.

Last edited by unistang; 08-07-2018 at 01:38 PM.