RCU Forums - View Single Post - Solutions for AMA's membership decline
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 03:21 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by r ward
I agree,....for me, building is as much a part of the hobby as flying,...maybe more as I am a builder and enjoy that part more than the flying to be honest. I have never been even so much as tempted to buy a ARF. doing that removes 1/2 the hobby in my eyes. I know I am in the minority about this in these instant gratification years that we now live in, but that is all right, I really don't want anything to do with ARF's. it will all change when everyone goes to the flying field and can't find their plane amongst all the other look a likes !. I always joke,..." you will be able to tell who lost track of where his plane was, because he will be the last guy leaving the field".

Ditto! Building is the main reason I do this hobby. Anyone (IMHO) can fly. But not everyone can build.

As for the decline of the hobby? I think it's changing rather than declining. Problem there is by changing some aspects of it are going to go away. Hence the proliferation of the ARFs, foamies, etc. That coupled with a couple of generations use to waiting no more than a minute for whatever it is they want, and no one cares to build anymore. Too boring!