RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:22 AM
LRFitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, Slowly making progress on my 41% Pitts Model 12. I've had the short kit since 2006, and finally getting to the point of mounting all the hardware in the fuse before sheeting. The power for the Pitts is an older MOKI 215cc radial. I have a fuel pump from Dr. Vogelsang, but not sure how to properly hook it up, both from a plumbing standpoint and the electrical side. Can anyone share what all the hookups are for? Fuel-wise, there are three connections, one on top that is marked "R", which I take is the return line back to the tank. On the front face are two nipples, one is larger in diameter than the other. The smaller one has an engraved arrow pointing to it. I'm guessing the fuel from the tank goes to the larger nipple, and the smaller one (with arrow) goes to the engine carb nipple. How are my guesses so far? The other end of the pump has three Futaba-style servo connections (with the "key") and are marked RX, BAT, and IGN/PRG. I'm guessing the Bat is rather straight forward as switched power to pump. I'm guessing the "RX" plug is to control pump speed with a signal from the throttle channel? The "IGN/PRG" connection has me baffled completely. Any info on how to "hook-up" this pump will be appreciated. By the way, the name printed along the top of the motor says "PowerFuel RX"
The old MOKI 215 has the top hat style ignition box and was completely rebuild by Mike D. just before I bought it 10 years ago, and never run since.
One last question just popped into my head--Can anyone share a source for a set of needed feeler gauges that are small enough (width-wise) to fit the rocker arms of the MOKI. I have a couple sets, but they are all about 1/2" wide for automotive engine use, and would like to buy a set that will fit.

Thanks for the help,
Larry Fitch