RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 01:08 AM
move99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skew
Mine came in on the 29th. I just started building today. I am very impressed with the quality of this arf. The covering job is perfect not a single wrinkle or blemish anywhere and it is very complete with hardware. If it fly's anywhere as good as it looks it will be my sidekick every Sunday.
ESC40 is actually not an easy plane to fly. It sinks like a stone in landing. It needs some more main wing surface. It's not for someone who graduated from the trainer a month before. Best you can do is to make it light. I use a 6 oz fuel tank and put the battery just behind of the tank. This eliminates some additional lead weights required to get it balanced. Also, the landing gear attachment plate it too weak. I added another board there and attached the gear. Up in the sky with so so speed, it flies fine and stable (I use os 46 ax nitro motor or mag 46 and power is adequate enough). good looks and low cost attracts many flyers, and I see more ESC40 in the trash can at the field than any other planes, sadly.