RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jr 28 x , a heads up
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 12:54 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Thank you for your kind comments Craig, you most clearly see my intention.

I was was fortunate in that I was able to pinpoint the exact cause of the crash, so thought it well worth relating it, so many model crashes are unexplained.

Sadly at a small meeting yesterday, just 5 of us, there was a total loss which will never be explained. The jet had been flying normally, then just went out of control and crashed and burned, nothing left. ( My own 8 flights and all others, 28X included, went without incident)

Of course, incident and accident reporting in full-size ops. using various schemes has gone a long way in making aviation safer. I do wish we could have the same in model jet flying, reports could be anonymous as is done on the British human factors scheme, CHIRP. ( Confidential Human Factors Incident Reporting Programme) started in aviation but now adopted by the maritime industry.

Its intersting, too, to see that the medical profession are now adopting some of the safety best practices from aviation.

Thank you ( and the other guys) again for your encouraging and supportive comments.

David.

PS Craig, just about to install the Futaba HPs A 700 servos you recommended in my Mig, thanks for the advice!