RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 08:07 AM
start_zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool VSpeak Telemetry adapter for the most turbine types

Originally Posted by JimBrown
Recently Sepp62 posted a LUA app over on RCThoughts that provided a very nice double size telemetry window for the Jeti Orbit ECU Sensor. I had been looking for an excuse to dive into LUA on my DS-16 and figured this was a good one to try. Since I have the VSpeak sensor for the ProJet Hornet III ECU I figured it was worth a try adapting his code. Four days later and I've got it working. The two major changes I made (other than getting it to work with the VSpeak) was to remove the automatic volume level change (I use a knob to take care of that) and add a fuel used reset switch (for when the taxi tank is removed to reset the fuel gauge back to 100%.) Also, the neat animation at start up does not occur until the TX connects to the aircraft and the VSpeak starts sending telemetry. Additionally, I added the ability to select an audio file for the the low fuel warning. I also changed a couple of the items that are in the display.

Since I'm doing this on a DS-16, I did not want to make the app too big, so as it is now it only works with the ProJet Hornet III. However, it should be fairly trivial to modify it for the other ECU's that VSpeak supports. I'd be happy to make those modifications but will need some information from those ECU's.

Please note that VSpeak v2.2 is required. Also, the Fuel Consumption within the ECU needs to be calibrated correctly. And, of course, the Jeti firmware must be v4.22-LUA. Be sure to check the ReadMe.txt file for an important note regarding tank size.

Have fun!
...jim
Hi Jim,a few converters have been added, we support not only turbines with HORNET ECU, but also JetCat, KingTech, AMT, evoJet, Jakadofsky, PBS ...