RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Era III from RCM Plans
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 03:44 PM
erans

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ETpilot - Thank you for the reply. It is appreciated.
The only reason I am building these old designs is to replicate them as close as possible (within reason of modern radio gear and engines) to the original.
This is my 5th scratch built / kit building in a row for the last 4 years (out of probably over 12 scratch built / kits I built so far). It is also (by some margin) the smallest one, which is the frustrating factor. There is no space for anything. I predominantly build 20cc-50cc size aeroplanes recently.

The error on this build is my own. I didn't see the pin-hole size hole in the firewall drawing for the steering rod, neither I "scooped" the firewall in the required location (under the engine mount) while it was on the bench. Doing it now will be very difficult. I will see if I can get there somehow to get it done. If not, I may cut out the entire front to allow access, I will think of it again at later stage.
As to the fuel tank - as an Engineer, I am lost for words. However, if it was designed ONLY for pylon racing, then there is no need to fly inverted... However, this is the fuel tank specified on the plans.

Cheers,
Eran