RCU Forums - View Single Post - REBEL HOT - New release from Pirotti models - Wow!
Old 08-31-2018, 05:37 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcflyguy_26
Getting ready to start working on my Hot.

I ordered it with the Graupner DES 678 BB MG digital servos.

Who is using these, and what is your battery set up.

Thinking 6.6v LiFe... but was wondering if they will take the extra .6v or so.

And... how do you get the pipe in this thing?!?

Scott
I am using the Graupner DES678’s all around the plane other than the steering. I am using a LiPo 2S and a Fromeco Sahara regulator. It was very unclear if these will handle more than the 6V but I think they should be fine personally but don’t hold name to that if the magic smoke tries to escape!

The pipe DOES go in without disassembling it! I did have to radius the undersides of the rear of the engine mounts a bit to get it to go but it does go nicely once you do that. However; you need to have something (clear plastic 6” ruler) to guide the pointy part of the rear of the pipe passed the fuselage top as it hits everything back there. The bell mouth will bend quite a bit before it takes a new shape, by the way. It is extremely soft aluminium and very forgiving while doing this. The bell slightly ‘pops’ over the last former behind the engine mounts but nothing to speak of once the mounts are radiused at the back.

Note that the engine mounts are offset from one another (fore and aft) so as to provide an easier time once the pipe mounts are affixed to the pipe. That was a tad disconcerting when I noticed it...I mean really even a sheet explaining some of this and stating a recommended CG would have been a simple and most welcome touch, but no way Pirotti is going to help at all. Never mind even contemplating a manual! Easy to see why Elite dropped them I guess...rant over!
Len