RCU Forums - View Single Post - My new beast
Thread: My new beast
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 08:11 AM
tankme

Received 215 Likes on 174 Posts

I haven't had to make any changes to the Vantec to run LiPOs. I'm running a 6S 8000mAH LiPO in my KV-2. I wired it to run two in series for more capacity if needed. Your RDFR23 will run on any voltage between 5V-30V so a 6S LiPO is no problem. The only issue is that the Vantec does not have a LiPO low voltage cutoff. I use low voltage monitors on my batteries to ensure I don't drain my LiPOs too far. They emit a very loud squeal when the batteries hit the low voltage threshold I set. When they go off, it's time to stop playing and charge the batteries. Recently I did try to hook up the Open Panzer TCB with the Vantec controller with mixed results. Everything works great without the TCB. When the TCB was put between my new Frsky QX7 radio and the Vantec, I had one track that didn't want to go idle. It wanted to run all of the time. I recalibrated my radio, recalibrated the TCB, played with a bunch of the TCB settings, and tried to trim the movement out, but nothing worked. I'm thinking it might be an RF interference issue at this point. I have a bunch more experimenting to do to find the issue. There are some jumper changes I can make on the Vantec and do some testing directly connecting to the radio to find out where the issue is. I can't use my Spektrum radios with the TCB so I don't know if it's the radio or the TCB causing the track to move while the sticks are idle. I can also do some testing with my IFI Victor ESCs to eliminate the Vantec, but I need to get a signal booster cable for those to work with the TCB.