RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Scale Sherman T48 Tracks - Delrin Injection Molded - Spyker Workshop
Old 09-05-2018, 08:21 PM
RC_BobM

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Ryan
Looking great. the strength of the braces is impressive. One question - do you think the screws from below are enough into the suspension bogeys? The bogeys only have a hook at top - which is still a bit floppy unless they are glued to hull. I like how you made the bottom bogey screws go though the brace though.

One other thought - the attach method for the upper hull needs to be improved. I'm sure you thought about this, but the screws from underneath into the posts in upper hull are inaccessible once tracks are on. Perhaps magnets on the upper hull posts instead of screws? Will be interesting to see what you come up with.

I use the AGM type motorcycle/watercraft batteries for my 1/6 models. For smaller 1/6 tanks (Stuart, PZ II) -I like the smaller 12V, 7-10 AHr like you show in video wired in parallel for double the capacity. In parallel I get 2-4 hours run time with an 80lb tank. This light model would run a long time with the AGM batteries - and give the tank some presence weight wise. Running Lipo's would be interesting as well - certainly a lot lighter. Would need a low voltage alarm/indicator/monitor for Lipos. I try to get the AGM batteries with terminals that have a good size bolt hole in the terminal leads, the push on type terminal leads always seem to work loose, or the crimped terminal works loose on the wire.

Great progress. Best regards,
Bob