RCU Forums - View Single Post - My new beast
Thread: My new beast
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_BobM
Marcocaster
Try switching the leads from the Vantec to motors. If problem now moves to other side (left side only runs in reverse) may not be ESC. Test motors with just a battery as well - do they both run forward and backwards ok (reverse black and red wires on battery) when connected to battery? Check connections to receiver - nothing loose. Can you test a different radio/receiver combo? Do tracks on both sides run smoothly with no snags or jamming?

Could be EMI (electronic noise) interrupting or creating spurious radio signals. Is receiver located near motors or ESC? Perhaps move away from motors if so. Check antenna of receiver (wires pointed correctly if it has external wire antenna).

I personally like the Sabertooth's ESC for ease of set up though. It wouldn't hurt to have a backup ESC to the Vantec.
Bob
Hi Bob. Thanks for the reply !

i did as you said. Swapped wires from esc to motors and the same problem it just switches sides now the left won’t go forward.
Did the test with the 9v both go forward and reverse as the should.
Noise? I have the esc and motors in the lower hull and the receiver up top on a bit of wood , thinking that may help with interference?
And finally the Fatuba radio. It is exactly the same. Right motor (or left if swapped ) will not go forward with either throttle left stick or turning with the right. I noticed originally the vantec was set up for just left stick drive and steer. Can I change it back to that. I am re reading the manual again.
Your thoughts? ESC problem ?

I am am going to eventually pick up
an ibu3 or sabertooth, it seems the ibu3 does both

thanks again!