RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 09-10-2018, 04:43 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Donny, our lives seem to follow the same path. From Brooklyn to Texas. Chanute AFB. Working on honey-do’s, building and repairing things. Always working. But I wouldn’t change a thing.

A few days ago, as rain moved closer, I wanted to fly. I got everything loaded to move to my runway. I’ll be darned if rain drops didn’t start falling. Wind was dead calm, just cloudy. I made it back to the shop to unload as the rain started falling heavier. So I worked on my airplane build the rest of the day. So it has been trying to fly. Something always seems to interfere. Haven’t flown in a while. This week will be rainy so I hope to finish this current build.

BTW, last year I drove by Chanute AFB. Down memory lane but I didn’t remember a thing. It is now an airport. I did see the old hangars from the base but that is all. I also got to visit my old base in Indiana. Bunker Hill AFB, later renamed. That was a sad visit. The roads are there, most of the buildings gone. My barracks and the Chapel were still being used. The chow hall is still standing but in disrepair. Just a sad visit. Time moves on.