RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-24
Thread: Jeti DS-24
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 04:04 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Hey all, so I have a question and I don’t know why I’m just now thinking of this. So I have a few turbines and as always I learn the TX to turbine and etc. but after looking in the TX I was drawing a brain fart, in my servo setup for throttle my max pos and neg limits are the default 125% so I went back and looked at all my turbine models and they are the same I never changed them. When setting up your turbines do you all limit both pos and neg to 100? Also I use a switch to set the trim full and off. The way I set the trim is in the function assignment set the switch used then set the trim-max to 100. Is that how you all do it?
There is no benefit to setting them above the default of 100% but as long as your ECU can handle the pulse width range and you have valid fail safe conditions set you can use any value you want . Since all my turbines had been previously setup on Spektrum which uses a throttle pulse width range of 1100us - 1900us, I simply reduced my end points to 80% to get that same range and then I didn't even need to repeat the teach RC process as the ECU had already learned that range. I simply use the Throttle cut and throttle idle functions to select stop/ idle. Since I use +/-80% end points I assign the Cut function to the stop position of my safety switch with a value of -125% and the idle function to the idle position of my 2 position safety switch with a value of 20%.