RCU Forums - View Single Post - State of electric RC car brands
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 08:46 AM
RCb-87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres much better brands than tamiya. Tamiya couldnt care less about rc now it seems. They have the whole hobby locked down for accessories and are only innovative with some kind of slot car rc loop to loop racing thing. ???IDK???

Just about anything at hobbyking with good parts supply will be better than a tamiya. Some hobbyking rcs are rated well for the money too.

The brand called BASHER at hobbyking has released some well received kits.

Arrma sell a 1/10 monster truck similar to a traxxas stampede. The arrma granite brushed 4x4 i think it is.

ECX arent bad but they arent that much better than tamiya either.

tamiya is still selling 30 year old designs at full retail lol. Online stores discount tamiya heavily to sell them. But tamiya has apparantly put a stop to that.

Tamiya supposedly emailed their distributers telling them to stop offering tamiya products at discount since it "diminishes the brand".

Not selling 30yr old rcs against toy grades with better specs lol.

I think they've killed tamiya they should focus on TRF as new tamiya 2018+ tamiya and rollimg out TRFtamiya out with new models in every platform. We know tamiya can afford to be industry leaders. Choose not to.

buying up full size rare race cars with the profits rather than R&D. Well its my generations turn for nostalgia next and we remember traxxas, losi or team associated.

tamiya slept too long and is now lying in.

Hopfully soon we will see DIY designed kits for sale but the buyer has to 3D print the parts needed to build the kit.

A kit that uses cross brand parts for the best frankenstine rcs known. But using the 3d printer to print parts to link up traxxss to losi parts ect. In the oldest days of rc guys purchased build manuals with afew special parts. Then they had to fabricate the rest themselves in the shed.

The 3d printer could take us back to that but amazing and anyone can upload designs.

i think theres already afew models drsigned from existing parts from lots of models.

Tamiya traxxas and others need to get away from plastic. The 3d printer materials are getting better and better. The printers faster and faster.

whats new tamiya?

A new 2018 tamiya frog cross wild willy. ITS FUN FUN FUN..... Ohh.