RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gas ballast system
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 09:18 PM
Gordon Lovett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas ballast system

Hello all, new here to the forum but not new to radio control modeling.

I'm in the process of converting my Robbe Seawolf to static dive. After examining all the various types of ballast systems, I have decided to utilize the Propel gas ballast system. I have a gas ballast system ordered and on the way. I constructed the ballast tank from 2" PVC and have modified the component tray to accept the tank. I have everything layed out for all the items needed including the vent valve and tank flooding. I completely understand how the ballast system operates as far as the venting and blowing the ballast tank but not real clear on how the system is installed and seeing it operate. I can visualize how it operates but haven't actually seen one in action.

I've checked the Web and youtube but explanations are somewhat vague and very scarce for the many hours that I have put into it. I've done my homework but it seems that the rc submarine hobby is like a secret society.

Anyways, enough blabbering, so my question is anyone have or know any links to videos or diagrams to gas ballast systems in detail. I need to know how they're installed, the necessary components required ie: linkage, pressure vessel placement, and controls to release gas (propel) from pressure vessel and of course one in actual operation.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon