RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI MT2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 05:36 AM
VanDutchy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured I'd give this a go on this thread and hopefully some of the 'old' boys on here will be able to help

Hey everyone,

I've been tinkering away previously on a Nitro HPI MT2, I've enjoyed setting it up and backyard bashing it around.

Now I've started my first and Final year at university to bump my Engineering Foundation Degree up to a full Masters Degree, part of the degree has to include a engineering project that takes up 40% of the total mark.

As such, I was looking at taking a 3D scan of my model's body shell and RC car, conducting computer fluid dynamics assessments and wind tunnel assessments on the model as is, and then re-engineering a 3D Cad body shell design and 3D print, and then re-analyse the printed shell against the wind tunnel and CFD.

What I'll be assessing is the cooling to the engine, the aerodynamics of the body shell itself and the dirt ingress into the RC Car. Looking to maximise cooling efficiency and reduce dirt ingress, whilst increasing aerodynamics of the car and bodyshell together.

Now the reason for this huge long winded post, is to see what suggestions and ideas, the masters (IE yourselves) would have to better the body / RC car.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Quinten.