RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 28X screen unresponsive to touch
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:51 PM
stuntpilot67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 28x screen unresponsive to touch

After contacting our JR representative here in Australia, we deemed it necessary to send it back to Japan to be looked at as I was unable to re load the software without the screen be operative. As a precaution, I bought a new scandisk 16 gb card to copy the card info to using my pc so as not to loose my model memories if something happened to the card. By chance I inserted the blank card into the radio and powered it up. The radio booted up and now I found I had limited screen access, but I still had screen issues with doubling of functions with some being faded out slightly. As I then played with it for a while, full functionality came back. I then copied my model memories to the new card. Re booted the radio, no problems. Plugged in the charger for a minute to allow a full reboot, fired up again ok...… I had previously tried the SD card from my other 28x radio without success. Reinserted the original SD card fired up ok, no probs, plugged in the charger again to initialize from scratch no probs. Now all back to normal go figure.... I wonder if this was caused by allowing the main batteries to discharge too much during the off season, I try to charge them regularly as older JR sets if left on the memory battery required a re flash from out service agent as well as memory battery replacement.
Hope this helps someone else cheers Stunt Pilot 67.