RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~SIG Brotherhood ~~
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Appowner
While I see and agree with you to a point. I have to ask, have you worked with our military lately?

Up until a couple of years ago I was heavily involved as a government contractor with the DoD. Prior to that I was myself Air Force for 20 years. I've been in and around the military for 43 years total. And they are not what they were 43 years ago.

Our military today is little more than a giant social experiment being conducted by the left. Did you know the military will pay for sex change operations and treatment among active duty members today? I am amazed that they still manage to get the real job done. Then there's the problem of fully 1/3 of American youth being too fat for military service.

I could go on but looking at our military today, had it been this way 45 years ago, I never would have joined.
If they were to go with mandatory service, the gang situation would be totally different. Unless a whole gang went into the same branch of service at the same time, all had the same MOS and secondary training locations AND all got posted the same place after training, the gang would pretty much fall apart through a loss of communication. I, for one, can't see a whole group of kids being allowed to stay together for that long since the detailers will send people where they are needed, not to where their friends are. I can't say it's the same as when I was in the Navy but, unless the military has gone "country club", it will still change those that go in. That is most true for the Army and Marines.