RCU Forums - View Single Post - M60a3 DKLM kit build
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 08:43 PM
RichJohnson

Received 375 Likes on 239 Posts

Been busy lately and kind of didn't feel like working on the m60. Got some work done today since I had the day off. If you look back at the drive way picture of the painted tank you will see the plastic tow cable hangers on the turret. I couldn't stand them as they are obtuse looking compared to the real deal so I referenced my photos and fabricated my own that are soldered on brass shaft and inserted into the hole that the plastic tabs had been in. First and last hangers are drilled for retaining pins ala the prototype.
I also put some dklm metal/rubber tracks on today. I tried to drive with them but they were one pad too long and actually chewed up the hull abit. Im going to have to bondo the areas on the hull in front of the sprocket now sadly. The metal tracks need to be tight to squeeze on. Snug not constricting, its one pad that goes from loose to tight so its pretty apparent where they should be. Any way, blow up the pictures to see the tow cable hangers against the black back ground.