RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I upgrade my 12X?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by KFX450

Im also building another jet and putting smoke in it as well. I ran out of channels!! Could use a matchbox , but not sure if you can even buy em anymore.

So im gonna buy something. I’ll be back to post what I ended up with.
I probably have a few Matchboxes downstairs but they are not the solution to your problem, just a stop gap. I like my Futaba radios especially the 18SZ, but if used on bigger models I run PowerBox PE's with the on-board gyros like the Mercury. But that is a $500 solution plus you have to have a couple of R7003SB rx's which are a $100 each.

You go to the DX20 and you have access to the new PowerSafe rx's. NOBODY builds anything close to those new rx's. The 20 channel rx is $220, the little AS3000 module with the gyro is $65. 16g wire inputs to the rx, battery isolation, "Fail On" soft switch, forward programming and it'll work with your existing radio stuff.

Just a thought from someone who has both Spektrum and Futaba. For what it's worth, I started flying Futaba tx's with the PowerBox PE's when JR failed to come up with any decent follow up/upgrade to the 12X and I too needed more channels.... .