RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:46 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

this must be a joke on me lol

OK, so here is my solemn promos to the whole of the RC flying community, I am done buying from Wold Models, AND, if I have 1, just 1 (one) more problem with this "never flown" World Models P-40, I well remove all servos and RX and engine and I will take it out on the drive way and destroy it with my feet, and then send a photo of it to Worlds Models and to Airborne Models,, it's too bad because I really want to fly it !!

so to day, the new problems,,

1) the engine mount is junk,,,
the Tabs that the engine mount's to are not "Square" to the Tabs that mount to the Engine Wall, this mean's once the engine is mounted to the mount the bottom holes that mount to the Engine Wall "Toe In" while the holes on top that mount to the Engine Wall "Toe Out",, so all 4 holes do not align well with the holes in the Engine Wall !!!!!, this creates a problem when aligning the engine !!!!! BTW, I have 2 of these WM 50 mounts and both sets have this same problem,,, go figure,,,

2) flaking plywood,,
the plywood around the front of the fuselage is flaking "delaminating",, yes CA will fix the problem today in this spot, but the question is, will the problem become worse as the plane starts accumulating air time and more and more vibration ?, most likely it will become a problem again..

3) Fuel Tank split where it fits the plug

4) and today, because I was so frustrated with the above. I screwed up,
I am one of those people that admits when he screws up, and I did, but it was because of the frustration due to the above, and all other problems I have had before hand with this plane,,
well I had mounted the battery pack and I realized I forgot to install shrink tubing to the wire, it really needed shrink tubing because where the wire would run,, to add shrink tubing I have to remove the plastic plug,.. well as I removed the Prongs from the Plug I forgot to cover each individual Prong with tape, well the Prong touched/the wires burned, god I could have started a fire in my house.. anyway, I can change the wires, but I wont, it's a NMH and I wont trust it any more,

oh well that's the hobby

Jim
I got me some Saito