RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Joker build thread
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 04:57 AM
kevin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have this same issue and tried both a Spektrum DX18 with 2 different receivers, and also a FrSKY Horus X12 with an X8 receiver... its not a radio issue, its the servos. The servos in mine (pnp) are apparently not HV (yes they say HV) . These might have been hv at some point during the production cycle but im guessing something changed ... I could be wrong?, but I tried a 2 cell lipo and then also a 2 cell life pack. It locked up often on 2 cell lipo, it did not lock up as much on 2 cell life but it still does. On a voltage regulator at less then 6 volts the servos operate normally, but how much torque do they have now, dont know?? Thanks to my rep for helping me with this. I intend to go hv servos, just figuring out what to do next since i dont want to use regulators (thats a different story). just a heads up for those that encounter this...

just my experience, your mileage may vary...

And BTW ... The extension i posted a while back with the heat shrink wrap on it is indeed a voltage regulator but no mention of where they wanted it to be used. Maybe to knock down the voltage for the whole system to counter the issue mentioned above? When I plugged in a 2 cell lipo that started at 7.7 volts into it, it knocked it down to 6.66 volts which is the same voltage my life pack was running.

Originally Posted by Midas D.
Hi Dave,

What radio system are you going to use?

I'm still having issues with the combo of futaba and the McGregor servos.
So after a lot of experimenting with different receivers, power supply's and even an new transmitter (futaba) i came to the point of taking them out. (on advise of McGregor itself after contacting them)
The only receiver the Mcgregors worked flawless with was an HobbyKing orange.
My mate is using them as wel with out any problems on a Jet set up.

Did you came across these issue's before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MwQd0G92B4&t=36s&frags=pl%2Cwn

On this video you see clearly how they for some reason freeze.
On all other brands then futaba they just worked without any problem.

Very strange isn't it?

cheers,

Ed