RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1
Old 10-16-2018, 09:51 AM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tip22v
I've got my two Fromeco 2600 mah receiver batteries over the nose gear, 2100 mah LiFe turbine battery on top of the fuel tank, K85, no smoke, my CG is around 190mm (front side of the wing tube), using two different types of Xicoy (both give the same readings) and it flies perfect there for me. I originally had the CG at 200mm with all three batteries on top of the fuel tank and it was way too squirrelly for me there, so I moved the two Fromecos over the nose.
There have been a lot of discussions on this thread about CG, which I have followed closely, and I still cannot figure out these large inconsistencies in battery placement and CG. I finally gave up trying to figure it out. My recommendation is to just get it in the ballpark (error to the nose heavy side) for the first flight, then adjust from there. I don't recommend starting with a CG of 200mm or more, especially if this is your first turbine jet.

Tom
Tom,
Appreciate your numbers. Getting the cg to the 200 mark has become a quest for me, only because people on this thread have said that the plane fly's better when the cg is further aft. However because of the small size and using smoke it has become very interesting to reach the 200 mm balance point. actually I am enjoying trying to figure it out.
I have had quite a few jets over the years and usually don't spend as much time with the balance point.
Nice to know that you are happy flying at 190.
Stan