RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flair 1/4 Scale PT-17 Stearman Review
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 03:37 AM
barzini
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAVID,
I just checked the balance on my Flair Stearman using my friends Xicoy cg balancer.My Stearman has the 7-77 radial on it and I was balancing the plane as I was building it since there is limited access to the inside of this model after it is covered.I just kept picking it up with my fingers as I was building to the cg point noted on the plans.I positioned my servos under the rear cockpit and my receiver and big onboard glow battery there because I knew it would be nose heavy with the Evolution radial up front.When I put it on the Xicoy balancer it was right on and when I fill the 32 once tank with fuel it should be a little nose heavy which should be fine.I suggest you frame up the entire plane completely build the skeleton and balance as you build.Once you cover the fuselage the only access is through the cockpits.Its a great kit and you should read the addendum regarding adding more positive incidence to the stab which was supposed to prevent climbing on acceleration.I haven't maidened mine yet but I saw one fly at Wabirds over Delaware with 55cc gas engine and It flew real nice.Good Luck with the build.
Tony