RCU Forums - View Single Post - Baffled top piston diesels.
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Chris W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qazimoto
Well there you go!
Where am I going to Ray? Is this an attempt at a shut down? A thread that has spanned 4 years and extends to 4 pages with most of the posters still present for comment, in my opinion,should still comment.
Originally Posted by qazimoto
I thought all along we were talking about model diesel engines powered by fuels using ether, kero and castor oil (or similar).
Um, we are talking about model diesels and surely its forgiven in such an inclusive forum entitled "Everything Diesel" that it actually includes all diesels as a talking point?
And it may surprise you but model diesels will actually run other hydrocarbons and be lubricated quite well with other organic oils or indeed mineral oil and be convinced to cycle without ether if the residual heat present is enough.

Anyway the point is to show that if localised temperature is raised high enough it will cause ignition before the heat of compression has a chance to.
The hot bulb indisputably shows this an I would wager that the "Lanova" cell in fourstrokes would be another example (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ever...nova-cell.html) and finally here, its a possibilty that a baffle running at an elevated temperature may do the same.

No proof that it does and no proof that it doesnt so parallels and conjecture are all we have here, and a narrowing of any focus would limit discussion, wouldnt you agree?

Thanks.

Last edited by Chris W; 10-21-2018 at 07:35 PM.