RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Poop has hit the fan !
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 07:44 PM
F-16 viperman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rarely put in my 2c but for the good of the hobby and for everyone's info I noticed several AMA mags ago the words "as a AMA member" were added to the beginning of the safety code, indicating that if you're not a member of AMA, You're not flying within the programing of Their CBO's safety code. If that is true, legally speaking, I believe You would not be protected as a recreational hobbyist. Now You will be subject to commercial drone pilot status I believe. Separate registration for every aircraft, ***? As for the hard 400' rule, I don't like it either. I think we're all screwed and are gonna have to live with it. I fly anything and everything from turbine jets to gliders and I'm not going to quit. I will have to learn to live without loops, tail spins, split s's, and Cuban 8's. I mainly keep My AMA current so I can participate at sanctioned events as I don't belong to any clubs. I'm hoping that AMA doesn't change its coverage at non chartered sites as it wouldn't be good for some of You non-homeowners. If They do pull the coverage on non sanctioned sites, homeowners would be well advised to up Their liability coverage. usually not too expensive. Get out and have fun while You still can, land rubber side down and, don't scratch the paint.

Last edited by F-16 viperman; 10-22-2018 at 02:40 PM. Reason: clarification