RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jetcat Titan and P120SX thrust per RPM
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 09:14 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
You can just use the throttle and that adjusts the power infinitely �� all my scale jets are way over powered, but you never see me flying fast! Since we have little energy compared to FS, sometimes you will need the 32lb available to drag the F-86 slowly through a climbing turn.
Since power is not linear and even tailpipes effect thrust, drop it to 121,000 if you must and try it. Titan is a JetCat P-160 so the chart that was published will have that. Least JetCat has decent thrust at moderate rpm, unlike some turbines where it’s only available in the last few thousand rpm
hi Dave,
This F86 is more than adequately powered at 20lbs. The only reason it has a titan is that is what Dean had available to put in it the jet is 72" x 72". It was a prototype for yellow aircraft. Dean competed with it at the world jet masters in Ohio. Even with the gear down (had an airline failure) and the wing tanks on it cruised at just over half throttle with the titan at 20lbs thrust.
it was originally ducted fan powered. I want to put the P120SX into it so I can use the full thrust of the titan in the F18. Just not sure at what rpm the 120 would be around 20lbs. I can't find the chart I thought I saw at one point.