RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone else noticed , , ,
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 05:40 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
On the magazine issue, I happened to have my February 2018 issue out to cite quotes. Some comparisons from Feb to Nov issues.

Pages (February / November ) : 148 / 136
Non-AMA Advertisers (February / November ): 57 / 52
Not what I would call a significant change for the time involved. But certainly one to take notice of and watch. If the trend continues it would suggest even more problems are afoot.

Now, some statistics like this going back a couple of years would better show the direction things are going. But I also suspect the negative trend of these stats holds true for many years back.

Another indicator, Stopped in the local "hobby shop" yesterday. My first visit since having moved here a year ago. They boast 6000 feet of floor space and it looks it. A few, maybe 6 to 9 RC planes hanging from the ceiling. But not a single radio, engine or RC kit. Not even an ARF. Mostly plastic with railroad a close second. Lots of collectibles of various types. One small stack of MRs. And of course paints and such to support the plastics. And an AMA Club field just 7 miles away. Sad really. They did have the piano wire I needed. And a paint color I've been looking for for years. So it wasn't a total loss.