RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone else noticed , , ,
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 05:44 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I found the audio of the interview and Tony was constantly referring to things two and three years previously or, as far as I can tell, things that were never actually fact. He claimed that, to legally fly an R/C aircraft, you had to either be a member of the AMA or hold a 107 certificate, something that wasn't true even a year ago, IIRC. He claimed that you had to have a 107 certificate as well as a spotter to fly FPV, not so sure on that one, basing his statement on the requirements needed to get an instrument rating in a full sized aircraft. The biggest one that I had to laugh at was that, since you had to be 16 to get a 107 certificate, if you weren't an AMA member, it was illegal TO FLY ANYTHING IF YOU WERE UNDER THE AGE OF 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As of a few weeks ago, everything he said in the interview was not applicable anyway since the laws have now changed
It strikes me that were they polled, the leadership of the AMA would not agree as to what it is they want nor what the current rules allow. And it would seem that most if not all of them are preaching what they as individuals "want". Confusing the membership with a lot of fake news.