RCU Forums - View Single Post - kingtech turbine rc engine k70g2 fatal problem
Old 11-06-2018, 12:36 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

My bearing experience was on another model K, but it maybe similar issue: There is a bearing problem with K160 V2s. They admitted to the issue and we have had several Ks with failed bearings. I heard my bearings going bad on 3 sequential starts and sent it in for service after the third time. The repair order did not specify what was wrong, so I called. Apparently "there was a design problem." They replaced the entire core. But, I also noticed the start sequence changed. The start sequence now sounds like there is a short squirt of fuel shot into the turbine before it even turns over for the start (i.e. the pump runs for ~1 second before rolling over the spindle.) However, ...

It sure does look like something was ingested on your pics. but you indicated that there was a FOD. Are you sure it was tight to the cowl? If you had bearings going, from my experience it seems like you should have heard them during the start sequence. But then again, maybe not. I hate it when they come apart. I had a P-90 RXi come apart mid air. All sorts of internal damage but there was no damage to the first wheel's blades. But the last wheel was broken right off and kind of hanging out of the exhaust cone. But once the blades disintegrate, there is no telling what damage will result from the vibrations. Good luck.