RCU Forums - View Single Post - 110" Dauntless project
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 02:47 AM
p51flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 110" Dauntless project - it began

Especially the fuselage curvature in front and beside the windscreen over the .50 guns made us brood a lot. Also the area between the windscreen and the insturment panel with the canvas cover. We found some minor imperfections of the Ziroli design compared with the original SBD (i.e. height of the canopy, shapes of some formers). Most of the imperfections will be corrected, but real small defiations are not worth the work to correct them. As long as the overall appearance is good its okay.

The next steps are the planking of the fuse and the modification of the elevator for a 16mm (5/8") wing tube. The elevator must be detachable due to its wingspan of more than 40". Such an empennage would not fit into a normal station wagon or family van.

Yes, the cockpit, what a job. Thank god, its the job of my team mate who also made the .50 and .30 machine guns.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Also take a look at the renderwurx site and check the links there. That renderwurx site is definitely the best SBD site for modellers in the web. The pictures about the building progress inspired me a lot.

Joe