RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 05:35 AM
mirion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All, New guy here. This looks like a forum I could like, I have read about 40 pages so far, lots of comradery. Having recently retired I am getting back into RC flying after about a 20 year absence. I started out reading as much as I can about the latest stuff. I then bought a copy of Real Flight Simulator and did a little honing of the relexes, it felt good so I bought a EFlite Maule electric (not to crazy about electric) so that I could get some stick time this fall before the Michigan snow flew. Kind of like riding a bike, it all came back and I am excited to get my Ultra Sport 60, Goldberg Chipmunk and a couple others back in shape for spring. Most of my engines, mostly 4-strokes were gummed up. I loosened them up a little with some kerosene so I could partially disassemble them. I then put them in an ultrasonic cleaner with LA's Totally Awesome Cleaner and they came out looking like new. It was fun tearing them down and I got an education on the different brands seeing as I have an Enya 80, a 48 OS Surpass and several Saitos, they all have slightly different variations on the cam timing systems. The David McIntire videos on YouTube were a big help. I have also picked up a couple more used Saitos off Fleabay and I have a couple questions regarding the Saitos.

First off, where is the best place to pick up Saito parts (I have some older ones, FA91, FA80 and FA65) I found a place called McGregor/Hobby Plastic in the UK, are there any others state side?

It looks like Boca is a good place for bearings. How do you determine if bearings need replacing, mine all feel smooth with no bad spots. I have 45 years in the machine tool business so I have some experience with knowing what a bad bearing feels like although these are a little higher RPM than my experiences.

Looks like ICBIMP might be a good place for gaskets.

Thanks for any input as I attempt to read all 1,521 pages on this forum..... Mike in Michigan