RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Turbine Jet
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 06:54 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I do like the looks of the Excalibur better than the Sprint. But I have helped extensively troubleshoot a turbine in an Excal. There is little room for anything in it. The one here does have pneumatic gear, which the tanks take up a lot of space. One has to burry stuff and then it is a real bugger to troubleshoot. Placing the Remote Rxers away from metal components also became an issue. Basically the Excal is small and you do NOT have the turbine for a larger version, IMHO. The Sprint is much more open and you can add the larger fuel tank. My P-100 gets about 12 minutes on the larger tank. Also, the Excal that we have at our site, has gone thru several nose gear pins from bouncing. The pilot flies other planes well. He just has had a hard time getting a good landing with the Excal. I never had a landing issue, ever, with the Sprint. From day one, I just landed it. But, the Excal will be a little faster given the same turbine. But if you are just learning jets, fast is not always better. You need one that gives the jet experience, but handles well and still is fun to fly. When I want a fun, no stress day of flying, the Sprint comes out of the trailer first.

Last edited by Len Todd; 11-17-2018 at 06:58 AM.