RCU Forums - View Single Post - A/D Mirage 2000 1/5 scale building thread
Old 11-28-2018, 01:20 AM
Tuggs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tassos,

This got me thinking? The Mirage will be my first real jet delta after the eurosport a long time ago. I always thought that weight is no real problem on the bigger deltas. Can you go a bit more into detail about it? I think the Mirage is very well constructed and quite rigid. Thougth that they decided to go this way since the weight is no big deal.

Ofc i know that the lighter the better, but from a few videos i've seen about the Mirage, the plane flies really really well and has good slow flight abilities.

I am now unsure if i'd rather go with an evojet220neo instead of the P200SX i have for the Mirage.

Thanks
T

Originally Posted by tassos p

Yes weight is an issue on this airplane as it is with the struts - Aviation Design has no solution for the retracts so far. Hope they will soon. On the weight issue I've a P200RX on the airplane which is ok at top speed but not real push when the stick is below 50%. I was thinking for the new P300PRO but then it's a trade off - the fuel tank would be small and then if install something additional then I'd add around 2kg more of equipment and fuel.

Anyway I'll be following closely your thread.

Sorry about the loss of your mirage, spaceman.

Tassos