RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lots has changed - Getting back in - Radio Advice
Old 11-28-2018, 07:16 AM
Going Balistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lots has changed - Getting back in - Radio Advice

It's been about 7-8 years since I've been able to fly due to kids sports taking up all of my time. I've been following a few things from afar and was aware of the shift to 2.4 (which was underway as I stopped flying.) I've started viewing forums from various sites like this one that I've belonged to in the past as it appears that I will have some time this coming summer to actually get out and fly again.

Wondering if anyone can point me to some good threads on upgrading my JR8103 to 2.4 GHZ?

It appears that both JR and Futaba are all but gone (at least in N/A.)

I picked up a Spektrum radio at the LHS yesterday and gimble action was not the quality I was used to with JR or Futaba.

IT appears that the only real option is Spectrum??

I found an FrSky module (XJT & DJT) that appear may be a good option, but the difference between the two doesn't appear obvious and I haven't heard back from my email to FrSky.

I've done a fair amount of searching on this and other sites but don't appear to be able to locate any threads on the topic. Perhaps the subject matter is too antiquated.

Thanks

GB