RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the Top RC Model Odyssey - New sport jet - build thread
Old 11-28-2018, 07:36 AM
RP-Stinger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by i3dm
adding a copy of my post:

Hello Guys,

i would like to share my CG / Throws settings for the Odyssey Sport Jet. these settings would help anyone who is building one have a good starting point.

Note: All measurements are taken at control surface root.

Ailerons: 28mm both ways (will probably add some differential in the future), 45% Expo
Elevator: 28mm both ways, 30% Expo
Rudder: 50mm both ways, 30% Expo
Flaps Takeoff: 25mm with 2mm down elevator compensation
Flaps Landing: 80mm with 4mm down elevator compensation
Cortex Gyro gain: 60%

CG: currently 220mm back from leading edge at wing root, i recommend starting with 215mm.

Total weight with UAT full, full cockpit + pilot figure, 5000 mAh 2S Lipo hardcase Turbine battery and two 2200mAh 2S Lipo Rx batteries - 13.97Kg.

For me these settings make a very easy to fly, very predictable Jet.
I do hope they help others as well.
Thanks for reading,
Lior Zahavi

Edit 16/12/17:
I have tested crow mix with full flaps and it works very well on the Odyssey, and these are the numbers:
with full flaps applied, the ailerons go UP 12.5mm (measured at root) and elevator compensation increases to 7mm down measured at root.

this gives you much more drag, model descends and slows down faster and stall speed is even lower - it works great and is highly recommended.

I have a couple questions about the Cortex Gyro gain at 60%. Are you talking this at normal mode ? or hold mode ?
Also did you use the Cortex with the crow setup when landing ?

I am setting mine now, then all I will need is to check CG, and mine will be ready to fly.