RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone else noticed , , ,
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 06:44 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
So a small non-profit with maybe a staff of 12-14 people should be held to the same standards of a multi Billion dollar company? Really? Don't get me wrong, I think they can do a better job however as I am frequently told let's compare apples to apples here. So what are the proposed solutions? Firing people is NOT a solution, so by all means let's discuss some specific solutions to improve the quality of representation we get from the AMA.
Why is firing people for incompetence not an option? Are you saying we should continue paying people who clearly aren't doing their jobs? Or continue to pay for mediocrity? Based on the IRS 990's, the ED is earning a salary that puts him in the top couple percent of salaries in the Muncie area. Are you saying we shouldn't expect top couple percent performance for a top couple percent salary? If so, no wonder AMA is so poorly managed.

The multitude of problems we see, late information, non-delivery of renewals, non listing of events, incorrect information, pooly timed website rollouts, non funtioning websites, etc. are all symptoms. They're symptoms of a staff that is not held accountable for doing their jobs. And lack of accountability produces ... drum roll please ... MORE OF THE SAME!

Which circles back to the ED. Ultimately it lands back on his desk. Failure to hold people accountable.