RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone else noticed , , ,
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I think it's obvious that they see what's happening and that is why they are trying to push the requirement of membership. The problem is that, unlike the rest of us, they either can't or won't make the hard choices the rest of us have to make when money gets tight. Let me put out some places where cuts wouldn't affect the real operations that need to be maintained(at least for now):
1) delete the retail sales staff. With a modern retail accounting system, a volunteer could handle sales during reduced hours while the system could be used to set up orders for restocking.
2) as I stated in my last post, delete the grounds staff. It would be much more cost effective to have a crew come in once a month to maintain the grounds and the flying field.
3) delete the web site staff and outsource it to someone that can actually do the job.
4) cut or delete the publication staff and outsource printing. Another way to make things more efficient would be to require ads and articles to be "print ready" and in an electronic format so they can be inserted into a preset framework quickly and easily.
5) FIRE THE LEGAL STAFF AND HIRE NEW THAT CAN GET PAST THE "SAME OL SAME OL". The present staff had gotten too comfortable in their positions and figure they don't have to do as much to keep getting their paychecks
6) FIRE THE EXECUTIVE STAFF AND REPLACE IT WITH PEOPLE THAT CAN MAKE THE HARD CHOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come to think about it, I put this stuff in the wrong order. The last two should have been the first two, just in reverse order. By firing the Executive and legal staffs and the rest of the people that are just doing the minimum might find a bit more of a fire under their desk chairs and have a bit more motivation to do more, thus taking their heads off the chopping block