RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/6 Hellcat Build
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 03:39 PM
DaleCS

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have been working on fitting the belly pan to the rear, covered portion of the wing center section. Also, working on the front, underside of the wing center section. Once I have the front, center section underside coverer, will finish fitting the belly pan. Hinges for the switch/fuel/air access panel are still on backorder.

I'm going to create a removeable cover for the landing gear. If the gear is ever damaged or needs maintenance, I want easy access, without having to tear up the wing surface. Also, this will make threading the air lines for the gear and the servo wiring for the aileron and gun simulator LEDs much easier. Cover will be made of 3/32" thick basswood - more strength then balsa and will still curve nicely to the wing's underside shape.

For bomb pylon mounting, I'll use a blind nut under the mounting brace and solder a nut to some 4-40 threaded rod to make a 'hex bolt,' as I haven't found, yet, any 4-40 bolts/screws that are long enough for the job.

Was on the Dynamic Balsa website a couple weeks ago and did not see the 3D printed bomb pylons, there. If interested in buying a set, you may need to drop them an email.