RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bud Nosen Mr. mulligan
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Bruce Radial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bummer...

Well I found this thread three days ago and read thru all 800+ entries but it seems Steve fell off the face of the earth by the time I reached the end. So I looked him up and it seems he lost 'EVERYTHING" in a fire. I can only imagine that pain! An old time flyer who lives down the street from me lost everything to the Thomas Fire last year, our house was spared. So, so sorry for Steve and I hope no one was hurt. It was good to see a post from this year by him. I kinda felt a kinship after following his build. I really feel bad for him!
I have two Nosen kits that I bought over 30 (closer to 40?) years ago. The DGA-6 actually is die CUT (not crushed) but the list of materials was lunch for some long gone bug. It will be an interesting build. I'm not starting it until I get an engine. I'm looking at possibly a UMS 9-115 9 cylinder radial (same dimensions as the Evolution 9-99) but gas. Diameter is 10-1/4" and the cowl in the kit is 11-3/4". Not set on that, but it has to look and sound scale. One sure thing I took away from Steve's thread is - it won't be easy and it won't be quick.