RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the Top RC Model Odyssey - New sport jet - build thread
Old 12-14-2018, 03:01 PM
RP-Stinger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks pcskyhi, for the good tips also. I actually did not think about the zip ties on the gear, that is a great idea, because the gear can squat different on each side.
I did know about make the jet level, ground level I'll call it. I used levels and made sure all the scales were level with each other, then used the zip ties as well.
My model still checks out all the measurements the same as I had before. I even check using the lift method under the wings to balance and verify the CG matched my machine, and it did match.
Everything is checking out just at is should. After checking 3 times I am confident it will fly great.

I did remove 6oz of my nose weight and this sets my CG at the 220 mark which I believe I will be happy with it there. (Still have to leave 6oz in the nose with my batteries.)
That means my jet now weighs out at 33.5 lb. or 15.2 kg. So I am ready to fire up the turbine and can't wait to put this sweet looking jet in the air.
Thanks for everyone's help and information here. Makes me feel good my jet is ready. I'll be checking in later and for sure, after the maiden, let you all know how it goes.